Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Dinner With Andrea 2

I was eating lunch with my fourth grade students, and I was in a group with Andrea. I enjoy eating lunch with her because she is a charming dinner companion and her conversational skills increase as the meal goes along.

I casually remarked that people are interesting and odd. Andrea paused, and pensively replied, “Yes, I know what you mean. I have a friend who is scared of toothpicks and another friend who is terrified of dimes." She paused, and then added, "People are strange.”

“People are Strange.” That is the title of a rock album by a group known as The Doors. I’ll bet Jim Morrison, The Doors’ lead singer, took a lot longer than nine years of age to realize what Andrea has already noted, and if he did notice, I’ll bet it took him a lot longer to get around to saying it.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Jim Morrison only thought that people are strange when you're a stranger.

Laura said...

I wanna eat with Andrea...she's funny!!!

Laura said...

Yeah, but Jim Morrison meant strangers that pass out dimes.