Sunday, September 02, 2007

Communication Skills

I just love teaching. Teaching is one of the few careers that you start at the top and work your way down.

I get to be in the classroom with a brand new group of fourth graders, and I am already having a great time. Lots of funny little things are said each day due to their unique communication skills.

On Friday I sent a student to the cafeteria to see if it was available for our class to use.

Damian came back and I asked him, "Damian, what's going on in the cafeteria?"

He replied, "Well, there are some kindergarteners or first graders in there."

"What are they doing in there, Damian?"

"Well, they're in there playing with each others' elbows."

I never did find out exactly what was going on in the cafeteria. By the time we got there, the kindergarteners of first graders had finished playing with each others' elbows and had already left.

No comments: