Friday, September 28, 2007

THE LARGEST, PUBLIC, ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CHORUS IN THE U.S.A.

I have been pretty busy lately. Besides teaching a great class of fourth graders, I have been overseeing what I believe is the largest, elementary, public school chorus in the United States.

The local newspaper, the Albuquerque Tribune, recently did a front page, five column, lead-in photo of the chorus, and a front page of the second section article on our chorus, with two additional, five column photos, one in color and one in black and white.

I made a claim to the paper that we had the largest public school chorus in the nation right here in our city, and they checked it out. Turns out they believe I'm correct. I think that impressed them, and they went with the story.

For the article and a video, check out these two websites:

http://abqtrib.com/news/2007/sep/27/albuquerques-chamiza-elementary-chorus-thought-hav

or

http://abqtrib.com/search/?q=chamiza+chorus

I've been so busy I've haven't had time to complain about NCLB (No Child Left Behind) and its negative impact on teachers at our school. Lucky me. Lucky you.

No comments: