Tuesday, November 30, 2010

DOIN' DOUGHNUTS

Today a student got up from her desk which is situated by the trash can near my desk in the back of the classroom, went around the back of the room, went up towards the front of the room, turned left and went across the front of the room, then traveled back to her desk by the other side.

After she sat down, I went over to her and said, "Angie, why did you just go all the way around the room?"

Looking up at me she said, "Huh? What?"

"You just traveled all the way around the room. You did a doughnut. You circumnavigated the room for no reason."

"Oh yeah. I went to throw something in the trash can."

"Why did you use the one in the front of the room when you could use this one right here."

"I don't like that one."

humph. She won't get away with that again. At least not when I'm watching.

No comments: